If you have been arrested and charged with a criminal offense such as a sex crime, then you need to be sure that you can fight the charges against you and that you have a skilled Las Vegas criminal defense attorney on your side. At Okabe & Haushalter, we are intent on providing our clients with the skillful representation that they need and you can be sure that this is what you will receive when you choose to work with us. Sex crime charges can be extremely difficult to face, and it is essential that you have the assistance that you need in order to effectively pursue a favorable result. Refer to the following commonly asked questions to learn more about sex crimes, and how our firm may be able to help you:

What sex crimes require sex offender registration in California

The list of registrable sexual offenses in California is extremely long. If you are charged with sexual battery, rape, kidnapping for ransom, or one of many other offenses, then you could be required to register as a sex offender if you are convicted of this criminal offense.

Is there any way to become unregistered as a sex offender

It depends on the offense you were convicted of. There are several offenses that would allow a convict to expunge their sex offender record, and it would require having your case dismissed after successfully completing your probation. Another option is through a certificate of rehabilitation which you will apply for through the state, provided that you meet certain criteria.

What penalties will I face if I am convicted

It depends on the specific charges that you face. Sex offenses are among the most serious crimes that you can commit. For a criminal conviction of a sex crime, you could face years in prison, hefty fines, restitution to the victim, sex offender registration, and many other penalties. It is crucial for you to seek representation and begin building a defense to your case immediately.

I have been arrested. What should I do

If you have been arrested on suspicion of a sex crime, then you need to remain silent pursuant to your constitutional rights. It is important that you do not consent to any search or seizures, if law enforcement has a legitimate reason to search your property, then they will obtain a warrant. Finally, you need to retain the services of a skilled representation as soon as possible.

Contact us today to discuss your case and to learn more about how we can help you.

Share Your Side Of The Story: Call 415-448-7992 Now.


    Contact Us