Fighting Fraud Offenses in Nevada
Fraud involves deception of another in order to obtain financial gain in some manner. Fraud crimes are often investigated at the federal level as defendants are often accused of crossing state lines during the commission of the crime or because the fraud involves a federal offense, such as tax fraud. Anyone charged with a fraud crime should immediately consult with a criminal defense lawyer from Okabe & Haushalter to obtain the legal counsel necessary to fight the charges.
Some of the types of crimes that fall under the umbrella of a fraud offense include:
- Identity Theft
- Tax Fraud
- Credit Card Fraud
- Bankruptcy Fraud
- Mortgage Fraud
- Securities Fraud
- Mail & Wire Fraud
The penalties for fraud can be severe with financial penalties as well as prison sentences that can range from 1 to 30 years, depending on the severity of the charges. Our lawyers can explain the laws that apply to your case and discuss how best to address the charges against you.
Call Our Las Vegas Law Firm Now to Get Started with Your Defense
Fraud offenses are complex matters that involve lengthy investigations by law enforcement. If you are to protect your rights, it is essential to have vigorous and trusted legal counsel representing you against the charges. We at Okabe & Haushalter can carefully review any evidence found against you and conduct our own investigation into the allegations. With our tenacious and aggressive defense on your behalf, you can feel secure our firm will seek the best possible outcome on your behalf. With extensive experience, we are ready to fight for you!
Have you been accused of committing fraud? Contact a Las Vegas fraud defense attorney from Okabe & Haushalter to learn how we can help defend your future.
Type of Fraud Charges
Click on the links below to find out more about some of the most common types:
- Consumer Fraud: Consumer Fraud Is Any Deceptive Practice That Results In Financial Or Other Loss For Consumers. This Is Generally Achieved In A Subversive Manner, Through What Seem To Be Normal Business Transactions. Consumer Fraud Can Be As Small As Knowingly Selling Someone A Defective Product, Or As Big As Stealing Someone’s Identity.
- Insurance Fraud: Insurance Fraud Is One Of The Most Common Types Of Fraud And Will Likely Be Aggressively Pursued By Law Enforcement Since It Costs Insurance Companies Billions Of Dollars Every Year. Insurance Fraud Is Any Fraudulent Act Committed With The Express Intent Of Receiving A Payment From An Insurance Company. Anything From Exaggerating An Injury To Faking A Car Accident May Be Considered Insurance Fraud.
- Healthcare Fraud: Healthcare Fraud Is A Type Of Fraud That Is Perpetrated By Healthcare Providers In Order To Get More Money From Their Patients’ Insurance Companies. This May Include Billing The Insurance Companies For Higher Services And Procedures That Were Never Actually Done, Services And Procedures That Were More Expensive Than The Ones That Were Done, Or Even Performing A Procedure On A Patient That Is Unnecessary.
- Medicaid Fraud: Similar To Healthcare Fraud, Medicaid Fraud Is Usually Perpetrated By Healthcare Providers In Order To Get Money For Services Or Procedures That Were Never Rendered. Because Medicaid Is Provided By The Government, Medicaid Fraud Costs The Taxpayers Millions Of Dollars Every Year. This Kind Of Fraud Is Also Common Among The Owners Or Operators Of Nursing Homes.
- Medicare Fraud: Medicare Fraud Is When Healthcare Providers Bill Medicare For Supplies Or Services That Were Never Actually Ordered Or Given To The Patients. This Type Of Fraud Is Harshly Punished In The United States Because It Costs The Taxpayers A Lot Of Money Each Year. Medicare Fraud Is Usually Perpetrated By Padding A Patient’s Bill With More Procedures And Medications Than They Actually Received.
- Mortgage Fraud: Mortgage Fraud Is When Someone Lies Or Omits Something On A Loan Application In Order To Get A Larger Loan Than They Would Be Otherwise Afforded. Mortgage Fraud Is A Federal Crime, Though, With The Housing Crisis Of The Past Few Years, Some States Are Now Aiding In The Prosecution Of Mortgage Fraud. This Is Associated With Other Crimes, Such As Money Laundering, And Can Be Punished With Up To 30 Years In Prison.
Call Now for a Free Review of Your Case
If you have been charged with any type of fraud, a top-rated attorney from our firm can help you with your defense. Fraud is a crime that federal law enforcement takes very seriously; if you want to avoid a possible conviction and jail time, you need a defense attorney you can count on. a conviction could have a devastating impact on your career, your reputation, and your future. Is that something you want to risk? Do not settle for second best! Your choice of representation could make all the difference and be the deciding factor between freedom and conviction.
Contact Okabe & Haushalter to discuss your charges and possible defense strategies.